“Be kind, be # elmkind”
Elmkind is an eco-friendly cleaning supplies business founded in 2019 by Emma Moore and Alex Dobson in Chudleigh Knighton, Devon. Elmkind have a strategy to remove single-use plastic spray bottles for cleaning supplies (a similar concept to single-use water bottles).
Specifically designed to help the environment, Elmkind’s aluminium bottles are both refillable and fully recyclable. The bottles are stylish and will naturally fit into the family home.
The formulations are plant-based and fragranced with high-quality organic essential oils. Every product has a highly concentrated refill version available, which can simply be poured into the bottle (N.B. you only need to pour 100ml of concentrate into your bottle and then top the rest up with water).
Elmkind products range
Elmkind have a range of ethical and natural cleaning products, including:
- Floor cleaner – in 2 fragrances, lavender & rosemary and also lemongrass
- Surface cleaners – there are four types of surface cleaners:
- All-purpose – lavender & tea fragrance
- Bathroom – grapefruit & palmarosa fragrance
- Glass – eucalyptus fragrance
- Kitchen – sweet orange fragrance
- Bundle – all 4 varieties are available which could be bought as a starter bundle
- Toilet cleaner – peppermint toilet cleaner
- Washing up liquids – in 4 fragrances – citronella, lavender, lemon and lime and sweet orange
- Refills – 500ml and 5l refills for cleaning products
- Extras – gift wrapping, measuring jug, replacement spray trigger and stainless steel pourer
Why are Elmkind products ethical?
Here are just some of the reasons why Elmkind as a brand can be considered ethical:
- Biodegradable – all packaging and labels are biodegradable as are all cleaning fluids
- Cruelty free – all products are developed without any testing on animals
- Eco-friendly – due to the way the products are developed they are totally eco-friendly, especially when compared to most cleaning products on the market
- Made in Britain – all products are handmade in Devon and support “Made in Britain” ethics and local UK jobs
- Natural and plant-based – all products are made from natural plant-based ingredients
- Organic – essential oils used for fragrances are all organic as are the ingredients in cleaning concentrates
- Recycling – all paper waste including packaging, business cards and flyers are recyclable, all returned used bottles are fully recycled and spray heads can be recycled
- Social Impact – Elmkind donate 5% of profits to charities, one of them being Surfers Against Sewage which are Bazar’s Seas partner
- Vegan – all products are natural and entirely compatible with a vegan lifestyle, infact Alex and Emma the founders are both vegans
Badge Criteria Icons for Elmkind
The following badge criteria all apply to Elmkind:
- Cruelty free
- Made in Britain
- Social Impact and
Downloading the Bazar app
Why not invest 2-3 minutes, that’s all it takes to download the Bazar app from the following links:
- Apple iStore – https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/bazar-ethical-marketplace/id1419940679?l=en
- Google Play – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bazarapp.android&hl=en
Call us on 020 8337 2175 or contact us via email.