Bazar are proud supporters of the Blue Marine Foundation
Bazar – the Ethical Life Marketplace App is delighted to announce that we have become corporate supporters of the Blue Marine Foundation (herein BLUE) – Join BLUE initiative. BLUE works vigorously to restore ocean health, which we go to explore in this article.
Who is the Blue Marine Foundation?
The Blue Marine Foundation was established in 2010 by George Duffield (Co-Founder and award-winning underwater photographer) and team members of the award-winning documentary film “The End of the Line”.
Areas of activity
BLUE works in the following critical areas of ocean conservation:
- Marine awareness and education – developing the understanding of people about oceans and marine life and aiding the connectedness of people with the sea
- Marine habitats restoration – protection and revival of marine habitats, including the protection of threatened and vulnerable species as well as to sequester carbon
- Marine reserves – creating protected areas, which will cover at least 30% of oceans by the year 2030. In addition, BLUE aims to ensure the remaining 70% is managed responsibly
- Sustainable fishing:
- highlighting best practice to tackle and prevent unsustainable fishing
- proving the benefits of low-impact fishing – e.g. to fishermen, local communities, marine life and the planet
Project work around the world
BLUE actively works around the world, here are a list of active projects which are accurate at the time of writing:
- UK – Berwickshire, Blackwater (Essex), Isle of Arran, Jersey, Lyme Bay, North Devon, Plymouth and the Solent
- UK Overseas Territories – Ascension Island, Saint Helena and Tristan Da Cunha
- Rest of the World – Aeolian Islands, Caspian Sea, High Seas, Maldives, Mediterranean, Menorca, Namibia and Patagonia
The project list is periodically updated, to view an up to date version click this link – https://www.bluemarinefoundation.com/our-projects/.
Supporting the Blue Marine Foundation
We welcome all readers of this article to also support the Blue Marine Foundation. There are various ways to join in with their ocean conservation work:
- Donations (click here) – all donations large and small are gratefully received
- Join BLUE (click here) – corporate and individual memberships available with annual/monthly options – N.B. This is the package which Bazar have subscribed to
- Blue Marine Yacht Club (click here) – a change for yacht owners and the yacht industry to support the BMYC, with three levels of membership
- Partner with BLUE – corporate partnership opportunities with BLUE, including corporate partners, pro-bono partners and major partners
- 2021 London to Monaco cycle ride – join BLUE in a fundraising ride from London to Monaco in September 2021
Download Bazar – the Ethical Life Marketplace App
Download Bazar today via the following two links:
- iOS – https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/bazar-ethical-marketplace/id1419940679?l=en
- Android – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bazarapp.android&hl=en
You can also contact us by completing our contact form or calling us on 020 8337 2175, we look forward to hearing from you.
Image Credits: Blue Marine Foundation